Chennai teenager takes championship lead
Mahaveer Raghunathan clinched his maiden victory in the formula class of the Boss GP as he produced a flawless display of racing in the fourth round of the championship at Zolder, Belgium, on Saturday. The victory has helped the Chennai youngster, who represents PS Racing by Coloni Motorsport, take the championship lead with 149 points. He is now two points ahead of Austria’s Johann Ledermair.
Mahaveer who started from third spot on the grid emerged on top in the 16 lap race followed by Italy’s Salvatore De Plano. In qualifying, Mahaveer, driving a Lola Gibson Tech 3.4 V8, had produced the fastest lap in Formula class (third overall) with an effort of 1:20.541 min in his last lap (11 in total).
Championship Standings (top five, after three rounds)
1. Mahaveer Raghunathan (India) 149 points
2. Johann Ledermair (Austria) 147 points
3. Salvatore De Plano (Italy) 134 points
4. Florian Schnitzenbaumer (Germany) 90 points
5. Henk de Boer (Netherlands) 54 points